Veggie/ Fruit a Month is an event which is the brain child of a very sweet person Priya Mitharwal of Mharo Rajasthan Recipes. She has posted a lot of recipes from Rajasthan in her blog, do stop by her space to check that. I am thankful to Priya to provide me an opportunity to host her event.
This month is the month of choosing a fruit and as you must have guessed from the logo, the fruit I have chosen is Strawberry. It is available abundantly here right now and thus providing us an opportunity to indulge more into it. Bake a cake, make a dessert, a dip or a chutney choice is yours. So wear your cook’s hat and come up with innovative recipes.
Coming to the rules:
- The chosen veggie or fruit has to be the STAR of the recipe.
- It can be cooked in any way or can be in its raw form in the recipe.
- It can be any course of the meal (appetizer/main course/side dish/dessert/beverage or breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack).
- Recipe has to be strictly vegetarian (eggs are allowed). This is simply to re-enforce the fact that we can eat veggies without any meat and also for all our vegetarian friends, who do not eat meat.
- You HAVE to make new recipes and old archived posts are not allowed, so that we try and make new fresh recipes :)
- Please send in your entries before end of February 2011.
- If you are a blogger, you can simply send your Name and URL of your recipe and a pic of 300 pixel size of the preparation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of "Veggie/Fruit A Month – Strawberry".
- Non bloggers can email me your name, recipe and picture at email@example.com and I will include your recipe in the round up.
- Link your post to the original event post along with the event announcement for this month.
- Use of logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word.
So, what are you waiting, start cooking innovative recipes and send them in..